10. Support our Cars for Homes Program: You can donate a car, boat, tractor, camper, etc. to this program. The program will then resell or recycle your vehicle, raising funds for Habitat to partner with local families to build stability and security that a safe affordable home allows. Learn more here! Make sure to use your Cheboygan County address so funds come directly to our local Habitat.
9: Donate goods to the Habitat ReStore: When you donate sellable items to the ReStore, you are providing inventory that is sold and profits raised support our housing programs. Give us a call to schedule your donation pick up or drop off appointment, 231-597-9463 Ext. 1. Closed Sunday - Tuesday.
8. Become a business partner with Habitat: Your business can have a jeans day for Habitat, host a giveback fundraiser, sell paper houses, hold a bake sale, or anything else fun to help raise funds and awareness for our housing programs. We love and appreciate ALL of the community support here in Cheboygan. 100% of funds stay right here in our community!
7. Be an ambassador for our mission: Like our different social media channels. Share and comment on posts too! Help connect community members in need with our services. The more you talk about our mission and the great work we are doing, the more support for our mission.
6. Select Cheboygan County Habitat as your non-profit partner on Amazon Smile: Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase to Habitat. You can even select Habitat as your non-profit Amazon Smiles Partner on your amazon app. All of your purchases would then be supporting our great work. Always remember when shopping Amazon from a web browser to go to Smile.Amazon.com to help your favorite non-profit. Our unique link is: smile.amazon.com/ch/38-3190977
5. We have an Amazon Wishlist where you can pick up an item(s) on our list, purchase them for us and they ship directly to us. This allows you to use your donor dollars in a way that lets you control how your support is used. Save your receipt for your taxes for your donation! Here is our current wish list! Wishlist: https://a.co/fO26N4O
4. You can donate stock to our organization through our partnership with the Citizens National Bank Financial Services Department. If you want to make a stock gift, please send us an email by clicking here and we will send you the information you need to make a stock donation!
3. Volunteer! We always need more hands. More hands make light work! You can help on our board, on job sites, in our store, or in the office! Teenagers can gain volunteer hours by helping us too! We will need help landscaping soon! Gardeners, stay tuned! ALL help is appreciated, even if you can only help for two hours, or once a month. We LOVE our volunteers, and count on volunteerism to help keep us able to help our community!
2. We are always needing referrals for contractors for our different projects. If you know a contractor or are one, we need people to bid our jobs. This gives us a budget, which we then commit to, fundraise for, and get things in place to do the work. The contractor is who we then work with to renovate, build, and fix the homes for people in our community to have a safe place to call home. We have a steady stream of jobs, and like to support local contractors, who are then supporting our mission too!
1. Good ole cold hard cash donation. Whether it is $5 or $500, EVERY little bit helps us. We pay contractors to do our builds, we have heat bills for the store, and we do a lot of things that require our funds. Donations are tax deductible and we will be glad to get you a receipt!
Any of the gifts you provide from this list help provide safe and affordable shelter for many community members facing housing insecurity in our community. We see far too many homes in Cheboygan County that are beyond repair and many more that need a hand up for homeownership and home repair work. Your gift is life changing and your support is greatly appreciated.